In our first episode of the Night Sky Tourist podcast, Ted Blank, a NASA Solar System Ambassador, shares how he got involved with astronomy and dark sky preservation and encourages young people to chase after the stars, whether in their backyard or as a career. Ted will be featured in our Q&A segments in future episodes and I wanted everyone to get to know him right from the beginning.
The last segment of the show is a tour across the night sky for the next two weeks. We’ll spend some extra time getting to know Jupiter, that super bright “star” you’ve seen in the night sky all summer.
Here are some things that were mentioned in this episode of Night Sky Tourist:
- NightSkyTourist.com : Sign up for the Night Sky Tourist newsletter and check out our great blog content and resources.
- Fountain Hills Dark Sky Association
- International Dark Sky Discovery Center
- Fountain Hills Astronomy Club
SPREAD THE NEWS
Here are some ways you can help us spread the podcast to more people:
- Subscribe to Night Sky Tourist podcast
- Leave a review wherever you subscribe
- Share the podcast or share your favorite episode on social media or by sharing a link with family and friends in an email.
GET TO KNOW US MORE
Visit our website at NightSkyTourist.com to read our great blog articles, check out our Resource Page, and sign up for our newsletter. Our monthly newsletter has content that is exclusive to subscribers.
SHARE YOUR QUESTIONS
We want to hear your questions. They could even become part of a future Q&A segment.
- Record your question in a voice memo on your phone
- Email it to us at NightSkyTourist@gmail.com
- TIP: Record in a quiet location, preferably with your headphones
COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS?
Email us at NightSkyTourist@gmail.com.